Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Gift Of Music

Its not often that I am left speechless. This week I received a package from a  dear sweet friend in Australia. Julie. A gift like Non other that I have received in my 50 years. Her generosity and giving Nature never ceases to amaze. As a Kid I played the flute. Starting with one of those Plastic recorders you get in Grade school.. Remember those? I moved up to a much finer flute in Jr High and High school and would sit in the barn practicing for hours.
I have Long admired Charles Little Leaf who is not only a Superb Musician but also an artist. He makes the finest Native Flutes I have ever seen.  Julie had a custom Flute ,made just for me. I know she put much thought into it has it has a Wolf as the Block. (You know How I am about the wolves) This beauty is carved from the Red Cedar Of The Pacific Northwest. Has  Mother Of Pearl Inlay Bands.  The craftsmanship is unbelievable and the sight of it almost took my breath away. It feels amazing in the hands and the sound? Well it is so warm, rich, and clean... It is something that I will forever Treasure. Thank You so Much Julie! For you not familiar with Charles Little Leaf's Work. I have put a video Below the pictures...Have a listen It is amazing.





2 comments:

Beadwright said...

Lori, you are blessed to have a friend like Julie. And just at the right time.
Play me a song
Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a beautiful gift. The workmanship is exquisite and I'm sure the sound is, too. Hope your shoulder is better each day.