I know what you're going to say...WHAT? Turn on my oven in this heat for 5 frikken hours? Are you crazy?
Trust me!! Its a such a low heat you wont notice it. REALLY! And the smell of these little red jewels roasting--Heaven!!
So- what you need--Cherry or grape tomatoes, a sheet pan, Parchment or foil, Herbs of choice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil.
Turn your oven on..200 degrees
These are cherry tomatoes fresh from my Plants. Clean and take the stems off.
Cut in half and put in a bowl. Mix your olive oil, and spices.
I use about 1/4 cup of oil for a dish like this. I add 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 salt ( I use Garlic Salt), 1 tsp finely chopped garlic, Whichever spices you prefer, Thyme, Rosemary etc..(optional)
Pour over the Tomatoes and gently toss to coat.
Next Put the Foil or Parchment on the pan and set the tomatoes cut side up on the pan. Pour the extra oil spice mixture over the tomatoes. You can even sprinkle a little more EVOO over them if you like.
Pop them in the oven and leave them for 4 to 6 Hours..I check them at 4 hours and take some of the smaller ones off that are done at this point. Pop the rest back in for another hour or two. You want them to be shriveled and dry but moist on the inside.
You can eat them right away..or you can put them in a freezer container..Cover with the oils from the pan and or more olive oil. Seal and freeze or keep in the fridge if you think you will use them within a few weeks.
- Uses-- So many uses.. If they make it through your family snacking on them. Use them as a picker Upper in Pasta dishes
- Chop them a little and mix them with some cream cheese for a great spread for crackers and bagels.
- Chop and add them to salad dressings.
- Add them to salsa.
- They are a very tasty pizza topping
- Mix with feta cheese and use a salad topper.
- Toss with Hot pasta and fresh herbs for a simple and tasty meal.
- Perfect In scrambled eggs.
- Great in casseroles..