Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Glass Puddles

 I think it might be hot enough the last few days to make these on the ground outside.. At least if feels that way. So back a few weeks ago when it was actually cool enough to run the kiln I made some "puddles". This is a process where you stack about 5 to 7 sheets of glass in the kiln and Full fuse them into One sheet. Once they are fully fused you break off chunks and set them on edge in the kiln. Melt them down once again into "puddles". You never know what you are going to end up with. This Batch is made with Opal white, clear and blue aventurine Stacked in various orders. Wish I could have captured the "sparkle" of the aventurine in the photos a little better. These are just a few of them.

 This one looks Like it could be a Face. Maybe I should get out the glass paints and give it one.


3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Sounds like a fun technique! I like happy surprises when I am creating, too.

Beadwright said...

ohhhh I like glass puddles. Very cool.
Nicole/Beadwright

Susan said...

Those turn out beautifully!