Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Bead Tray

Over the last few weeks I've had several people ask about my bead tray..So I thought I would share it with you.
This piece is what I am working on now. Its a beaded Medallion or at least one in progress.  For size reference-- the Piece measure 5" across. So-- this is one of my favorite bead trays. Its actually a Porcelain Paint Palette. As you can see it has 19 color holes . For this project I am only using 8 colors  so most are empty. I have a  spot for My "cheaters" and scissors, wax etc...The upper corners are meant for Paint brushes but easily hold things like your Needles and Threads. I usually use the big cones of Nymo but slipped a few bobbins on for "show"..You could lay a piece of bead mat down in this if you like.. I dont As I like the Porcelain showing as I can keep notes on it.. A dry erase marker works great and after your project is done the Marker wipes right off so you are ready for the next one with a "clean slate" so to speak.  You can write the "bead Numbers" etc...
It is heavy--( I am guessing about 6 lbs) so it will not tip over..It also comes with a lid that snaps down over it also which if you leave it "flat" makes it great for moving your project around or taking on a trip. It will set in your lap so you can bead while watching TV etc....I have been using if for quite awhile now and I LOVE it....Just tossing out some ideas for all you beaders out there....Look around you-- Lots of items can be repurposed as a Tray!!

2 comments:

Beadwright said...

Hey Lori that is a paint try not a bead tray. AAAwww ha ha ha just throwing some fuel on the flame.
Nicole/Beadwright

Beadwright said...

oops spelled tray wrong