Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Photo Thief

I am furious. I am constantly amazed at the things people will do to make a buck...The last few days I have been battling a woman who has been stealing my Photos Of my work and Posting them as her own. Not just one or two but a dozen or more...and she is not just stealing mine she has photos of at least 12 to 15 other designers I recognize. She steals the photo... posts it to her Facebook page and leads people to believe it is her work..She then takes orders for the piece..If she sells it she rushes to buy your pattern so she can make it. Honestly-- I dont have a problem with people using my patterns to make money-- I have a real problem with someone stealing photos of MY work and pretending it is their's in order to make a sale. So-- if you are a beader you may want to check out her FB page...Eagle Spirit in Manchester New Jersey.. I'd add a link but I do not want my sites linked to her's in any way shape or form...she also has a Store Eagle Spirit store...If you get there and see your photos-- be sure you report each photo to FB as intellectual infringement BEFORE you start commenting or leaving messages as she will block you the minute she realizes you know....
I am disgusted with this persons practices....I have filled out the forms on Facebook as have ,many others---but she is still there....Wonder how long it takes Facebook to do something?

6 comments:

Lori said...

Finally-- Facebook has pulled her photos...And her account...Im sure she will pop up again somewhere...:(

Terri Johnson said...

Thanks for letting me know about this, I wasn't aware this could happen!

Love your blog, have joined and added you to my Blog List!

Amy said...

That is pretty d*mn RUDE, NERVE-Y, OBNOXIOUS and above all VIOLATING!!! I'm sorry that happened to you Lori. If I come across anything I'll be sure to notify you.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Well, that is stooping pretty low. So sorry this happened to you, but I am glad that FB pulled her page. Unfortunately, you are right & she will probably pop up elsewhere. I'll keep my eyes open.

Love the new header!

Lori said...

Thanks ya all...Im not done with her yet...She sent me an email today telling me she was going after me for Harassment... I told her " Awesome--be sure you spell my name right" she responded with "GO AWAY"-- i told her I will when she quits stealing from me. I'll keep you updated as it progresses...Im not playing... I will not just put up with Infringement or theft... it chaps my hide...and rubs me the wrong way too... can ya tell?

Red W said...

That really sucks Lori! Grrrr! You GO girl, glad to hear your not letting her get away with it!! Will be anxious to hear if and when it ends!! Will be rootin' for ya!