Monday, December 5, 2011

Sometimes it moves me to Tears and uncontrollable fits of laughter

About this time a few days ago--musical notes--a little snatch of a melody--wormed their way into my head and played over and over.  I knew I'd heard them before but had no idea when or where.. I HATE it when that happens..............
I hummed those notes all day long as I beaded away. That night, the notes continued to play in my mind until I finally fell asleep. In the morning they were gone. I couldn't remember the music .
 Then, in the middle of the morning, the notes came back, arriving in my brain as suddenly as they had the day before.  I called my "other" musical friend and hummed the notes to her. No go-- but then I cannot sing a note so who knows if I even put it out there right. But she says to me--"Remember that time your ex was walking around humming that music" ..We started laughing--and we kept laughing until we could barely talk on the phone...My Ex-- for days, he walked around casually humming this tune. He had no idea what it was but he liked the tune-- It was catchy--When I asked him what it was he said " I dont have a clue, but I cant get it out of my head" This went on for days.  We had a party at our house and he walked around at it, now "whistling" his catchy tune. Every woman at the party would look at him and start to giggle, men just stared..At the end of the night, one of the woman asked him.."why are you humming and whistling that music?" he said-- Its catchy..I cant get it out of my head..."to which she replied" "Huh-- Apparently that Tampon company couldn't either". My friend and I went into hysterical laughter..the kind that has you holding the walls so you don't fall down-- Him-- well he didn't think it was funny...Me-- I still go into hysterical laughter every time I remember that day. Thank God for Music and laughter!  I dont know--Maybe you had to be there!

3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That was pretty funny! Can't say I can think of that particular tune; and as much as I would love to hear your voice in person, I don't want it stuck in my head, too!

Beadwright said...

OK I just pulled myself off of the floor. That is halarious... And Oh Deb, Lori's voice is nothing like you would think. I know her singing voice has to be just as beautiful as her speaking voice.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

LOL-- Trust me Nicole-This Raspy "Demi Moore" does not sound good singing---The Demi goes away and kermit the frog comes out-- I'm a croaker not a crooner! :)