Saturday, October 29, 2011

Did you see that?

Those of you who follow my blog know that we (we as in my sweetie RJ and I) spend a lot of time outdoors. Weather it be hiking, driving up the mountain, fishing or just going for a drive out along the lake. You will also no doubt have noticed, the touch of sarcasm that seems to oooze out of me at times. Luckily for you--Poor Rj seems to catch the brunt of my sarcasm and what I would call wit---Him-- though fairly tolerant can be pushed to the edge.
So--The last drive up the mountain the conversation went something like this....

Me- Did You see that? STOP--I just saw something.
RJ- What--what did you see?
Me--If I knew that, I wouldn't have called it something.
RJ--Well- (rolling his eyes) what did you think you saw
Me-- Um-- It was either a bear--or possibly a Bigfoot
RJ- (another roll of the eyes) well for god sakes--where are you going? Stay in the jeep...
Me-- I'll only be a second--I want to see what it was
RJ--Fine-- But dont expect me to come running when you start screaming because its decided you would be a great afternoon snack.
Me-- Dont worry..Im pretty sure it was nothing. But if I scream--bring the gun..
RJ- well how frikken long do I have to sit here so you can see "nothin"
Me-- (by now I am back off the road and down in the brush on the side) I'll only be a sec...
RJ.. That sec was up like 2 secs ago.
Me- Fine--- ( But just for giggles I let out a scream)
RJ-- Thats not funny-- have you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf
Me--
RJ--hey
Me-
RJ--HEY
Me-
RJ--God damn it-- Dont make me come down there.
Me
Rj- Crap-- Im coming--dont move
Me-- (now climbing in the jeep as he is going through the brush on the other side)
RJ-- Where the "F" are you
Me--(Honking horn in jeep)
RJ-- coming back out of the brush--Thats not funny
Me-- Laughing
RJ--YOU ARE DRIVING ME INSANE
Me-- Oh honey you are already in the insane blender--Im just pushing the buttons and takin you for a little spin
RJ--Grumbling under his breath and shooting me the "stink eye"
Me-- Guess what-- We met two days before Halloween-- do you remember that? Its our Anniversary...
RJ-- ( still shootin me the stink eye) So--I suppose you want a present or something?
 Me-- Of course--and we should probably go out to dinner too..
Rj--Whatever!

Another fun day On the Mountain in the Pacific Northwest--Gotta enjoy them now before the snow hits and we cant get up there till spring!
                                                      Happy Anniversary Baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a wackadoodle..Happy Anniversary..You could have picked a better picture

Lori said...

But I LIKE this picture of you!

Beadwright said...

Haaa great anonymous. I like this photo of him too.
Glad you had a good time.
Yep you will be getting snow very soon now.
Hugs
Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Btw, I like the photo of anonymous, too!

The Bead Doodler said...

LOL Lori, you're an absolute nut. I bet there's never a dull moment when you're around. Happy Anniversary.