Saturday, August 6, 2011

Midnight Blue-- Beaded Sodalite Necklace

I know you all know this--or at least you regular readers do-- I Like the Blues. Well, the colors anyway, not so much a fan of the music. I purchased this Sodalite Cabochon a few weeks ago and have been beading on it off and on for the last week or so. Its been one of those weeks where I feel like I'm being pulled in about 10 different directions but I finally got it done. Whew! I used a window style bezel and a twisted edge. My original idea had it with fringe but I think the edge on this can stand alone so - no fringe on this one. I purchased this Cabochon from my friend Nicole at Beadwright. I love the deep midnight blue of the piece. If you haven't already shopped Nicole's store check it out..Beautiful Cabs and the backings to go with them..

6 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Stunning Lori! Reminds me that I have a piece of Sodalite that I wire-wrapped a long time ago; maybe I can update it.

Beadwright said...

Lori this turned out fantastically.
I mean really beautiful. Wonderful work.
Nicole/Beadwright

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads said...

Fantastic necklace,beautiful colors!

Lori said...

Aw-Thank you.

Mrs A said...

thats just gorgeous! you are very clever, love your stuff!

Ilenia said...

Wonderful necklace