Monday, July 11, 2011

The Lion Roars- or maybe he just growls.

 A few days ago I shared a beginning picture of a Mt Lion piece I was working on. Although, I did change my mind about half way through, and reworked my original "plan". But here he is and I am happy with the way he turned out. I used a spiral stitch rope for the Necklace with a 14kt Goldplate Toggle clasp. I centered the rope On a Bone hairpipe Bead.  The Lion cabochon I purchased from Kristie at Sculptedwindows on Etsy. If you are not already familiar with her work, check it out. She is a true master at her craft! I love her work and have another piece of hers..An eagle..She also has a Blog you can check out as well.
Sculptedwindows Blog. Kristie's new mermaid Pieces are stunning!

4 comments:

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

that is very cool, lori! love the crystal eyes. and the way you set it on the spiral rope with the bone piece...very nice. great work!

Beadwright said...

Lori even though it took longer than you thought to finish this up you did an outstanding job!!! Love this!
Nicole/Beadwright

Amy said...

I am really drawn to this piece! I love the way you added the green in the embroidery to match his eyes. Just gorgeous Lori!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I think this is my new favorite! You chose the perfect colors and the tube bead is unique!