Thursday, June 16, 2011

Native Horse Regalia

 I know that I have shared one of these pictures with you before. But-- Several people have asked for more. So here they are. I spent several months on the bead work for the horse. The wolf on the beast plate has over 50,000,  11/0 seed beads in it alone. There is also a Beaded War Pony, Polar bear and eagle on the blanket. The Photos are by Photographer  Rita Nicholson and are in her Book "Native Treasure".  A beautiful book about Appaloosa Horses. Great Pictures and Book dedicated to a breed of horse that survived under the worst of circumstances.

8 comments:

Beadwright said...

Yep I remember these. Beyond wonderful Lori!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristen said...

Oh Lori your beadwork is amazing! I couldn't even imagine making such a beautiful piece of art to be worn by such a magnificent animal! WOW

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I commented on these on facebook, but I will say it again...simply stunning work!

Lori said...

Thank You! I was never so happy to get a project done-- It seemed to last forever!

Amy said...

INCREDIBLE! That is spectacular Lori!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Such beautiful work. I love it. Yes, that would take a long time.

Lori said...

Thank You G-Ma!!

Hummer said...

Beautiful!! Wow the work this took. I absolute love it. You di an amazing job of it too.
LOL...Also love the horse! Nothing in the world like a good appy!