Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Red Streaky Bowl

Did you ever have a moment when you were making something, and the plan just wasn't going like you envisioned? Thats what happened with this red streaky Bowl. I wanted this piece to be a rich dark ruby, which it is in places. But it also has Orange and Yellow Streaks. Which I do Like, but wasn't quite what I was wanting or expecting.  It will make a pretty fruit bowl or decorative piece. Its nice and thick so I would be comfortable using it.
Did you all have a nice 3 day weekend? I did, but now I need to get back to work on some of these projects that are lurking around here.

5 comments:

Beadwright said...

I love this red streaky bowl! My weekend was quiet and full of beads.
Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I really like how your bowl ended up--sort of fiery like the sun! Had a busy, nice weekend and like you, I'm trying to restock my shop!

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

i can see how this bowl would look fantastic in ruby red, but i truly love the look of this bowl. Craftymoose said "fiery like the sun"...i totally agree! i love the color variations. it's gorgeous!

Lori said...

Thank you..It does have some great colors!

quiltmom said...

It is a gorgeous bowl Lori- You make so many exquisite things- Every post has something lovely to look at.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece.
Warmest regards,
Anna