Monday, May 2, 2011

Beaded Glass Buttons

Hi, My name is Lori and I am addicted-- ADDICTED to Glass buttons. I am a HOARDER collector of glass buttons. And of course the internet is full of glass buttons. I got's to have them all I tell ya!
So I Haven't been sewing a whole bunch lately so I'm going to start beading these beautific buttons up. I cut the shank off of this Heart Button. There are so many colors flashing through this button that I couldn't decide on any one color of bead..So, Iris beads to the rescue. Its a sparkly little treasure, And I do love me some sparklies...

6 comments:

Designs by Dawn Marie said...

Well now doesn't that just make me all Mrs. McSwoony.... love the iridescent quality of that vintage button. Gorgeous Lori... just gorgeous!
{Hugs!}

Lori said...

Thanks Dawn! I wish I could really capture that iridescent Quality with the camera..It does shimmer with color!

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

that's a great button! definitely sparkly. and the iris beads were the perfect choice to go with it.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I would never have guessed that was a button. I can see why you adore them--it is beautiful and so expertly enhanced with your beadwork!

Beadwright said...

Love this Lori even though I am not a heart person. LOL
There is a bead store up coast that the owner goes to The Czech Republic every year. She has the best supplie of new and old glass buttons.
Wish you could come shopping here.
Nicole/Beadwright

Bellesanbeaus said...

Where do you find the time Miss Lori???? Ae you sure your not Wonder Woman? lol This sure is so pretty and I never would have thought it a button either! You have such an awesome eye for design and color!