Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teal Feather Beadwork- Native Regalia



I have been working on transferring one of my "older then the hills" bead patterns into  software and giving it new life. I designed this beadwork back in 2004 for a Native dress. It has always been one of my favorite pieces. I love native regalia. So I refreshed the patterns and put them on The Bead Boutique today. Pow wow season has started and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone was beading over winter. The designers at The bead boutique have been busy adding new spring and summer patterns. Marie Starr loaded a new Hawk Feather Pattern today that is just awesome. It would make great earrings or amulet bag charms as well. Check out the Boutique--Its a great place to browse for new patterns.

6 comments:

Bellesanbeaus said...

wow...that dress is gorgeous sweetie! love the lil feather in your pattern...your so clever!!! big hugs

Beadwright said...

I remember when you first made this pattern for the dress. Have always loved this!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Once We Were Faeries ~Judy said...

This is gorgeous Lori! Love the pattern!
Judy

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The colors in this pattern are gorgeous!

quiltmom said...

Lori,
I love the designs in the regalia. I work in a school where we teach students Cree as a second language. We are a program of choice and the students come from all over the northern part of the city. Each June we host a mini pow wow and the regalia comes out on that day. The little girls look gorgeous in the fancy dance dresses with the beautiful shawls or in the Jingle dresses. The boys wear ribbon shirts or the grass dancers regalia. It is a very special day filled with gorgeous colors and patterns.
Regards,
Anna

GrandmaMarilyn said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors and the design.