Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hibiscus Cameo



A few years back, well more like about 18 years back a friend of mine brought me a White Hibiscus plant from Hawaii. It was gorgeous and its blossoms were huge. I sold that house back in the late 90's. I should have taken that plant with me, along with a Chinese peony tree and several hybrid roses and...well you get the idea. It never even dawned on me to grab cuttings or bulbs from my gardens.  I spent the last few days finishing up this Hibiscus Cameo Pendant. I found time to bead here and there in the whirlwind of the last few days. Now I really need to get back to some patterns that were requested before things got crazy around here.!

4 comments:

quiltmom said...

Lori,
It is a stunning piece- what a talented artisan you are- such elegance and detail work. Someone is going to enjoy wearing it for a special event.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Anna

Kristen said...

Your cameos are so.....well I just don't have the words I want to tell you how much I love them. You are gifted with the needle for sure!

Beadwright said...

This is Gorgeous!!!! Yeah you should have at least grabbed some cuttings.
Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

A big WOW! That piece is amazing! I love the color of the cameo, too!