Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cameo's and Pearls


I love Cameo's. They are such detailed little pieces of art. And of course it just takes me back to another Era. The ladies all dressed so elegantly, men looking dapper.Okay okay-- I didn't live back then , but when I watch the old movies I sure am envious of it all. What a time it must have been. So this is what I have been working on the last few days. I beaded this cameo brooch with seed beads and some freshwater pearls.  I think my grandmother would have loved this piece. And now-- Back to the future..With Electricity and running water, and most importantly- a Toilet in the house!

4 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That's a beautiful cameo, Lori! The blues you choose are just perfect with the cameo & the pearls-very soft-looking!

Lori said...

Thank You Debbie, I like this one..I may have to do a few more.

Bellesanbeaus said...

This is stunning! I, too think I love the Victorian era but do enjoy my wash machine so much. ( I did come from the era of the wringer washer) Great job on this!!!!

Beadwright said...

You know Lori I was thinking about your work today and it hit me that your art is very pretty. I mean that in the best way. There is a quality of pretty elegance to it.
Nicole/Beadwright