Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dear Mother Nature


Hey Old Lady, wassup?
Why did you decide to renege on our springtime?
I mean, hey, here in The Pacific Northwest we're pretty used to your games, for the most part...the way you like to tease us in October when you let it get up to 80 degrees and then power it down to 20 degrees in a matter of 30 minutes or so...the way you like to make it rain or snow while the sun shines.
But it's almost April for crap's sake. We're supposed to be having rain, complete with  booming thunder and  cracks of lightning. , and maybe a sprinkling of hail
just for funnies. Maybe even a few days of 60's here and there.
So why is the temp only in  20's this morning ? Did you get lost on your way to the Artic?
I respectfully request that you go way back up North and take this Arctic weather with you.
Please Gimme my springtime back.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Haha Lori! I was thinking the same thing! Out here in the Mid-Atlantic they are calling for snow tomorrow!! What gives!?

Roberta said...

Same here in Boston. I need to go outside and sit someplace sunny.....I have been sick this week with a flu. I know I would feel better if it would just warm up!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I second that! It is cold here, too. That quite some temperature change from 80 to 20 in 30 minutes--I guess you always carry a jacket with you, huh?

Lori said...

We just need to fire her! That's it Old lady nature...Straighten up and give us our spring time or Else---YOU"RE FIRED!

quiltmom said...

Hey Lori,
I live up North of you, and we don't want Winter anymore either LOL _ We still have big piles of snow and each day the sky seems to threaten a skiff more- It sure feels like a long time since we had green grass.. Mostly we miss the sunshine..
Oh well, I guess Mother Nature will get her act together soon.
In the meantime I love seeing your flowers and beads- They always brighten my day.
Regards from Snowy Alberta,
Anna