Friday, January 7, 2011

Yesterday at the Post Office.

  Yesterday at the Post office when I was shipping out some orders:
There was an elderly lady in line behind me. She obviously was extremely hard of hearing as she was almost shouting everything she had to say. Now mind you, I am at this Post office everyday shipping something or checking my Po Box and I am on a first name basis with every employee in there. One of the fellows in this Post Office has a beard. He is bald but he has a Beard that is about 10 to 12 inches long. The Lady started taking to me about his beard. She Shouts " Don't you think that's disgusting? Look at that beard-there are probably bugs living in that. Do you think he is trying to Compensate for being bald/?" I look up and sure enough the Postal worker has heard her shouting along with everyone else in the Post Office. He had an automatic hand to beard reaction. I looked at him and smiled as she continued on." Can you imagine kissing that" By this time everyone in line is shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot. The Line starts to move again and I am next. As I get to him I am feeling the need to reassure him that I don't find his beard disgusting. So-- I say I like your beard and I wouldn't have a problem kissing You---He looks up and I realize what has come out of my mouth..I'm sure my face is as red as  it can be because it now feels like it is on fire. He accepts my packages and as I get to the door I hear him Shout "Lori" I wouldn't mind kissing you either"...... GULP! Great-- Now how am I ever going to show my face in there again..Thanks a lot lady!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL! Now you put your foot in it! I am sure if you return the customer service you will receive will be OUTSTANDING! I am laughing so hard I can't type anymore!

Hugs

Amy Allworth said...

Great story Lori! Good deed for the day....CHECK!

Lori said...

Right? I think my face is still on fire...I didn't go there today. Thank goodness I had nothing to ship out! LOL!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Ok, I do feel your pain...but that is seriously funny! Tears are coming out of my eyes funny! Maybe you could shop on Etsy for a disguise?

Just having some fun, Lori! Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Debbie I think its funny too..I still am not looking forward to the first time going back in there thou.. :)

Beadwright said...

Lori I am cracking up.... I mean I am falling outta my chair with laughter. Mike is looking at me like I am crazy I am laughing so hard. Only you could get yourself into that situation.
I love it....
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

I Know right? Geez--Open mouth insert foot! Why oh why do i do these things? LOL!

Shaiha said...

I feel your pain. I cold so see myself doing that.

Jaycee Patterns said...

This story is hilarious - thanks for making me laugh!
jaycee

Lori said...

Anytime Jaycee-- Trust me-- I will put my Foot in it again.. I am prone to speaking out loud without thinking it through!