Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Switch Plate Cover and Pattern

 This is what I've been doing the last few days. I tried my hand at making some switch plate covers.  Do you see the boo boo in this one? I still like it and will probably use it in my studio. The Blue Jay pattern is one I made a few years ago. I revamped it to use new colors and the pattern now prints on less pages. I like Blue Jays. The pattern is available in Either my Etsy Shop..Or The Bead Coop. Available in Loom/ Square Or Peyote/ brick.
It has finally warmed up in the 20's..the bad part about that is--It will now snow again.. I am ready for Spring! Are you listening Mother Nature?

3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The switch plate is a beauty! A long time ago (before I knew anything about clay)I made some but they are now coming away from the metal plates I used. Didn't know I should use glue.

Lori said...

Ah-- Thanks Debbie,
I watched several Video's on the process...The ones that were using metal backs actually popped the piece off of the metal before they installed them. The metal was kind of like a Mold. Some of the others used the Plastic Switch plates as a base and left it on the Piece..That's the way I choose to do it. The plastic holds up fine under the low cooking temps..I did "sand" the plastic base to make it adhere a bit better. I missed pushing out a Bubble on this one thou!

Beadwright said...

I love the switch plate. So what if there is a small boo boo. Remember the only perfect one is Earth Maker. Ahh but you already knew that. I remember this Blue Jay pattern.
Nicole/Beadwright