Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Red One


 RED ONE?
Have you ever struggled to come up with a "name" for one of your creations?  I have sat here for the better part of my coffee drinking time trying to come up with a name for this piece I finished last night. Then I sat here also thinking--Um why do you "name" them?  Okay-- any of you have any idea's? This is a piece of German glass. Beaded up on a Piece of Nicoles bead backing, and then backed with leather. The strap is Swarovski crystal rounds  beaded in a Spiral flat stitch. I suppose the red would be a great Valentine's Necklace. The Chunk o' Glass reminds me of wings. HHHMMM! Cupid's Wings? Is that a good name?
I am feeling so much better. The cortisone shot they put in my upper thigh seems to have done the trick..Whew! What a relief! Thanks so much for all of your well wishes! You guys are awesome!

10 comments:

flyingbeader said...

I was thinking of something "wings" too. So yes, Cupid's Wings sound great

Craftymoose Crafts said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Cupid's wings sounds great to me too!

Regina said...

Glad you are feeling better! I like the name you picked for your piece.

Althea said...

It looks like a kiss to me. Maybe "Cupid Kiss".

Beadwright said...

Hi Loir. Again I am so glad you are feeling better. Now for your red phase. LOL. I love all of the red pieces you have created but this one is exceptional!!!! Thanks for the mention of my Nicole's BeadBacking.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristen said...

Yep Cupid's Wings works for me too!!!! Stunning!

Once We Were Faeries ~Judy said...

So glad you're better Lori. Beautiful piece you created there and just in time for Valentines Day, Cupids Wings or Cupids Kiss, either one would be perfect!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Lori,
I'm sure glad that you are feeling better...and I would call this Cupid's Wings too!! It's beautiful!!!
XO

Cindy Adkins said...

P.S. I'm your newest follower!

Antonella said...

So beautiful!!! Hugs, antonella :-)