Thursday, January 27, 2011

I have an "itis" Grab some coffee--this is gonna be boring

So I get on here today thinking I might possibly think of something to share about beads or glass--and i "got nuttin".  I haven't been working on anything and I can't think of any past projects that I might Razzle dazzle you with. So--I guess I'll tell you about my "itis"   Tuesday morning I woke up to pain in my upper left thigh..Not just Pain--But excruciating pain. My first thought was that I tore or sprained something. I went on about my morning and went outside to feed the animals. When I got back to the house I couldn't get up the stairs. Every time I tried to lift my foot that 6 inches or bear weight on it so I could lift my other foot the pain would just about drop me. I have a pretty high threshold for pain so I knew it wasn't something I could just  hope got better. So I went to the ER. Their first thought was that I had a Blot Clot--Off to ultrasound--Nope--Not a blod clot. Then the Dr. starts talking about MRSA--Okay-- Um _I watch TV--isn't that the Flesh eating diesese? So they stick a Needle in the painful area and withdraw fluid--Nope --Not MRSA...After a few other Physical tests they decide that I have  Trochanteric Bursitis..Inflammation of The Bursa Sac Between my femur bone and the muscle. Who would have ever thought that could be so painful.

The Solution-- a Cortisone shot up next to the bone in the Bursa--Okay-- I can handle shots..Of course I have never had a shot before that required a "preshot" to prevent the other shot from hurting as much..The shot hurt--Not as much as I was expecting..but it hurt...Afterwards it was kind of like being kicked by a mule.. So they give me a Prescription for swelling-and one for pain and send me home to "stay off it"..well gee,,,sitting hurts, laying down hurts, and standing around on one foot is for the birds...Ha ha--Get it?  Hopefully by tomorrow the Cortisone will have kicked in and started working...If not-- I get to go back and let them poke me some more... Just so you know  No mortality is associated with this particular "itis"   I feel like it but its not...Night before last I woke up in such pain that I wished that they had amputated my leg.  I woke up and I couldn't move. I finally managed to roll out on the floor and was crawling to where I had left the pain pills..LOL--I had visions of drug addicts in my head..I have never wanted a pill so bad in my life..This from a person who will barely take an aspirin.

11 comments:

Shelby Demona said...

OMG LORI! D: I hope you get better really quickly! Thats some epically bad "itis." I'm so sorry this happened to you. It sounds dreadful. I'm sending all my hope to you getting better quickly. <3 <3

~Shelby

flyingbeader said...

OH no...I too hate taking pills, but Lori when it hurts...take them! And get better. Hugs and prayers that you get better fast. dot

Kristen said...

Oh I soooooooo hate cortizone!!! I couldn't walk for 2 days and then when I got one in the wrist I truly contemplated doing something not nice at all to the doctor!!!! I am soooo feeling your pain right now and I am sending clouds for you to float around on!!!!

Mega Hugs Hugs!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

So sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Hopefully, snow shoveling didn't bring it on? I've had several cortisone shots over the years and have done well, so I hope you have the same success.

Once We Were Faeries ~Judy said...

Hi Lori, you poor baby, I can sympathize. When they give you a shot before they give you a shot, you know its not gonna be good. Have had several, some raised me off the table, some didn't. I hope that one does it for you so you don't have to go back for another. Will be thinking of you and hoping for a quick healing.
Judy

Noemi said...

So sorry to hear what you are going through, but it will pass. I know exactly how you feel. Just give it sometime and it will get better.
Just rest as much as you can and take it easy.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope you feel better soon! Nicole said sweet things about you on her blog so I came over to wish you the best! HUGS! ♥

Amy said...

Oh my goodness Lori! I hope your -itis heals soon! Sending you lots of hugs and healing thoughts!!!

Beadwright said...

Hi Lori, hope you are feeling better today. I had posted that you needed a bit of cheering up.
Hugs
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. You guys are awesome. Feeling better this morning so I think the cortisone must have worked. Didn't need a pain pill this morning just took the anti inflammatory..Yippee--Back to beading!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Sounds really bad! I got a pain in my legs and discovered it's from varicose veins- who knew? Patsy from
HeARTworks