Thursday, January 13, 2011

Barrettes

 When I was  little girl my mom always had my hair in a barrette or tieback of some kind. I'm sure it was more of necessity and trying to control my long mane then it was a fashion statement. I had waist length hair until I was in the 4th grade. Then  mom took me in and had it chopped off...Not just Chopped off but I came out of the salon looking like Florence Henderson of the Brady Bunch.  I hated it. Apparently my classmates hated it to because several kids (who shall remain nameless) called me "Mrs Brady" for weeks after.  Of course since then I have had several cuts that were equally as horrendous and now as I am approaching 50 I am seriously considering cutting my hair back to a more age appropriate length. My hair is mid back length now. It grows fairly fast because in May I had it cut to collar length.  Anyway- Back to barrette's..


I have noticed the last few months that I am selling more Barrette's. Does this mean that long hair is now back in fashion? Does this mean that I should keep my long locks .  Maybe it means I should leave my hair long and just keep it back in a Barrette? Maybe it means nothing at all and people are buying them for their children?  I feel naked without my long hair but I also don't want to look like Broom Hilda Or Elvira. Just so you know..Underneath the Miss Clairol . There is a streak of gray..And I do mean a streak..If not for miss clairol I'm sure my new nickname would be "pepe lepew"..Remember him?

4 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The barrettes are selling because they are awesome!

My sis has that same streak thing going on since she's a kid! I got all the gray!

Amy said...

Beautiful barrettes! And for the record, I don't believe in "age appropriate" hair - do what makes you feel beautiful! :)

Beadwright said...

They are beautiful Lori. I have really short hair now but I still slip a barrett in my hair. Looks cool.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristen said...

Oh those are gorgeous and I still put mine up once in a while! Grey what grey?