Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Clutter Resolution

I have no idea why I am even going here.  I am already getting my New Resolutions planned. I figure If I start the year with the proper tools and a plan I may actually keep the resolution this year. This corner of my studio is going to go through a major revamping. Storage bins and drawers will be organized, new rolling bins will be purchased and beads will be properly sorted. See those bins (white lid blue hinge) under the table? There are 6 of those monstrosities under there. Those are packed full of  seed and bugle beads. My plan is to have those in a rolling bin type storage unit and have them sorted by color. They are "kind Of" sorted by color now but when  get in a hurry I have a tendency to "dump" items where they don't belong.There are also about a dozen Fishing tackle boxes that store everything from Fetish beads to crystals  and metal components. The picture shown is only a small look at the corner...I'm starting small..  I also need to re-organize the Stained glass studio, sewing room and my polymer clay area as well.  So--now you've seen my dirty cluttered little secret..Lets see yours! Don't forget---Today and tomorrow are the last days to get in on my Cabochon Package giveaway. The winning name will be drawn on  Dec. 16th!

6 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Reorganization is so on my list, too. I am actually on a buying moratorium until I get things straightened out. I am finding things I forgot I had!

I envy that you have a separate place to practice each of your arts! I'm sure that makes things much easier since you don't have to clean up one project before you start the next.

Beadwright said...

Lori when you are finished come over here and do mine. LOL. You not working a job... is a good thing... all the organizing LOL

Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

LOL! Well I feel like I'm still working as I'm getting things caught up on that I had let slide. Debbie you are right- Its nice to be able to let a project sit and move onto something else for awhile then come back to it without having to "shift" everything.

Kristen said...

Jealous!!!!!! I don't have enough stash to have to reorganize yet but when I do I am calling you!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

Lori said...

Thanks Daniel...But I am NOT an expert on organization--mess making maybe :)