Sunday, November 14, 2010

A New Chapter

 First let me show you a few pieces of glass. This red bowl is one of my favorite so far. This glass has streaks of Oranges, reds and yellows. The slump mold I use for these is actually different then the shape of the finished bowl. I always stop the slumping process before t actually falls onto the mold. I like the free form look it gives. The Flag heart?--well that has a Big OOPS in it.  If you look close you can see that the red & white pieces right below the hook are cracked....I accidentally dropped my pliers on it when it was laying on the soldering table...Go figure. So that one is set aside for repair.
So The New Chapter. I turned in my notice at my place of employment. Its something that I have been waiting and wanting to do. Even thou it was only a part time job it added that extra little security.  I am going to give being a full time artist a chance. After weighing the pros and

cons, the list for the pros was much bigger. So After November 30th I will be at the Glass, beading and publishing Full time. I am going to miss my co-workers but I am also looking forward to the freedom of being my own boss full time. We will see how it goes!  In a little over two weeks you will be hearing much more from me!

5 comments:

Regina said...

Best wishes and good luck at being your own boss... thats every artist's dream, may all yours come true!

Shelby Demona said...

That bowl is epic and the heart is beautiful! Good luck with being a full time artist! I can't wait to see all of the things you'll come up with! <3

~Shelby

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Lori, how exciting for you! I wish you much luck and success. Your creations are beautiful & I am sure you will do well!

Lori said...

Thank You Ladies! I am excited and having been working towards this for several years. Hopefully it will work out! If it doesn't...well I guess I can go back to the daily grind!

Kristen said...

What a step and good for you! I wish you luck and mega sales!

Hugs