Saturday, November 6, 2010

Butter Bridges!

 Ah Butter.  One of my favorite food groups. There is nothing like an English Muffin with real butter in all its nooks and cranny's. Who could fault one for licking fingers after a properly appointed English muffin or an ear of sweet summer corn?
Food cooked with butter simply tastes better. After all, have you ever heard a Chef say-- "cooked in the finest Margarine available". Lobster does not come with a dish of melted margarine. In my family, we debate whether to leave butter out or to store it in the refrigerator. My grandmother and mom chose to keep it out,  butter already soft, could be slathered on toast and be spreadable.  As I have grown to manage my own household, I keep my butter in the refrigerator, partially out of fear that I might poison myself from lack of proper temperatures. But I still miss the spreadable nature of my grandmother and mothers butter.
 So for the holiday's my butter comes out and sits on a Butter bridge.  It will get passed around the holiday fare and most certainly be will be gone at the end of the meal. I found the most decadent Butter at a local store. They sell Butter from the local Amish. It comes wrapped in Butcher paper and comes in a 2lb log. Awesome stuff!  I love making these glass Butter bridges. Red white and blue has sold already. I shall now work on a few in Christmas colors! Keep a Cow Employed. Eat butter.


3 comments:

Once We Were Faeries ~Judy said...

Ummm butter...me too, first and last ingredient. You are so creative! Your briges are a beautiful way to serve butter at the table.

Shelby Demona said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the first one~! Beautiful indeed!

~Shelby

Kristen said...

Yep those are gorgeous butter bridges! We love butter here too!