Thursday, October 14, 2010

Perfecting a Technique


 When I first started experimenting with these Polymer Clay cabs I was having a hard time making matching pieces. After much practice I think I have figured it out. Its all about taking your time and a little extra patience. Not something I seem to have a lot of. LOL! For the last few days I have been working on a Step by Step tutorial. I took lots of photos of the process and am in the process of building the tutorial into a PDF format. I have had these Cabs sitting here while I am working and everyone that walks by think they are Dichroic glass. The minute they pick them up and feel how light they are they know that it isn't glass but still don't know exactly what it is. MY personal favorites are the "Glow Blue". they look like Moonstone or an opal. Okay- That's all for today. REMEMBER Oct 15th is the last day to make comments and get in on my October giveaway. (see September 30th post for details).The winning name will be drawn on October 16th.


 

3 comments:

Once We Were Faeries ~Judy said...

I love the colors Lori, and they absolutely do look like Dichroic glass! Great job!
Judy

Kristen said...

That is awesome I love what you have done with those!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I certainly thought they were glass the first time I saw them, too! I love the photo of them all together--how awesome would they be beading into a pendant together!!