Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flatwork Necklace

I finally did it. A few years ago my dear friend Nicole sent me one of her Instructional Flatwork Books. Although I had looked through it many times admiring all the beautiful pieces, I had never actually sat down and tried it. This last weekend I read the book from front to back. I Lined up all of my beads and supplies that I thought I needed.  Got the Cabochon glued ...and then I had to wait...Should have done that step the day before! Lesson learned!
Anyway this is it finished. I think it turned out okay for a first piece. Nicole's book was so easy to follow. I think I may be addicted to this form of beading...Good thing I can make my own Cabochons!

4 comments:

Beadwright said...

I am so darn proud of you. I remember I sent my FlatWork book to you when it was published. Bout time you did something with it.LOL
Your Miss Skully is awesome! Great job kiddo.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

Thanks Nicole! LOL! I know I should have used it a long time ago! Thanks for all of your Help and support! Love ya!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

She came out great! I recently purchased Nicole's book & have learned to much from it. She gifted me one of her kits with one of your cabs and I just completed it, too!

Kristen said...

Sorry it took so long to visit been a busy week! I love this and need to try flatwork sometime!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

Hugs