Friday, October 15, 2010

Bangles, Bracelets & Bling

 This last weekend I stopped by a yard sale. This yard sale had a huge table of crafting & jewelry supplies. Of course the prices she had on them were more then what I could buy them regular retail, but its always fun to see a table set up in the sun and see all the sparkle and bling. I did manage to talk her down to a more reasonable price on some glass beads and a few clasps. There were two women at the table arguing about the difference between a bracelet and a bangle. They looked at me and all I said was "Bling is Bling". Ha! They were not draggin me into that one! Anyway! I stopped by one of the local bead stores on my way home and it was so dark in there I had to strain to see the tags on most of the product. Got me to thinking...Shouldn't bead stores just be as bright as can be? I realize location of some of the stores doesn't allow for a lot of Daylight.. But if it was my store...I'd have some Extra lights around....Just sayin!



3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yes they should be bright! And you are right 'Bling is Bling' and your bling is beautiful!

Hugs

Beadwright said...

Hey Lori these are fantastic!!! There is a difference between a bracelet and a bangle but an argument over it???? You are right bling is bling.
Talk to you soon
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

LOL! Thanks Nicole- Yep The way I see it a Bangle is a Solid piece without a clasp..Bracelet-- flexible with a clasp..Now thats just My theory..Bling is Bling! Couldn't believe they were arguing about it!