Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Picture Windows

Okay--Remember last week I told you I was working on a few things but they were just not turning out as I had envisioned. These are those ...for lack of a better word I'll call them oddities..I was trying to get that "looking through a Picture window or garden window" feel. I made a base of polymer clay..Then I made the design with the seed beads & swarovski's...I baked them at that point. Next came one layer of resin. Drying time....Then I added the Cane Leaves and baked again. Next Came the second layer of resin using the "leaves" as a dam.

Although they are not quite what I had envisioned laying there thinking about them one night they turned out okay for a trial run...I know what to do and what not to do for the next batch! These are 1 1/2 " rounds. Well Although my throat is still a bit sore, my head seems to have cleared a little and the pressure behind my eyes has subsided. Vitamins, Vitamins, Vitamins! Tonight I work at the store and then I will have 4 days in my studio! Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

They are so cool! Can't wait to see how to put what you have learned to the test on the next batch!

Feel better soon!