Friday, September 17, 2010

Converting Cross Stitch To Beads

Both of these pieces are made from cross stitch patterns. Both were quick and easy--okay the war pony was quick and easy. The Large Mouth Bass not so quick. Lots of colors on the large mouth. The hardest part about converting them is the bead selection process. I just took the magazine to the bead store and matched the colors as best as I could. It took 3 bead stores to get all that I needed. The large Mouth will be attached to a leather bag that holds a fishing reel. The war pony is part of some Native regalia.
 It has cooled down here significantly the last few days and my plan for the weekend is to get some glass work done. The kiln will be fired up for sure.......Okay- I am off to work. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

7 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The war pony is great & the bass is simply amazing! You nailed the colors perfectly!

Kristen said...

Oh WOW I can't believe you beaded those! I love cross stitch and have used beads in it but not the whole thing! What an artist you are!

Anonymous said...

Lori, These are BEAUTIFUL! I love the War Pony!! You do such wonderful work! Is the War Pony gonna be available for purchase soon? I hope so! I would love to purchase this one!

Cross stitch? is that done same as regular cross stitch work except maybe putting a bead in the middle of the "x"? I would love to work with this also!
Thank you for your wonderful work! Keep it up!! It is loved by many!
Melissa aka litltxindian

Lori said...

Thank you Ladies! Melissa the war pony sold already. It was put on a Horses Regalia Blanket. I basically used a Cross stitch pattern and Beaded the piece on a loom.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are just amazing! I would love to make the Largemouth Bass for my dad, so could you maybe post a free version of the cross stitch pattern soon? Thanks!

Lori said...

Sorry Anonymous..cant post it as that is a copyright violation...But the pattern in is in the July 1996 issue of "The Stitchery" magazine.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!